Sunday 3 January 2016

Winter Scene Mini Quilt Hanging - Attic Windows


Isn't this adorable? So chuffed with it!

Its a pattern from the Christmas issue of British Patchwork and Quilting magazine called Attic Windows. I couldn't find the single scene fabric they had used, but I managed to find these two, a winter village scene for the top of my scene and ice skaters for the foreground.

It was quite quick and simple, despite requiring some precision cutting to get those nice mitred corners (they are half-square triangles with the strips then added). The scenic squares are fussy cut and the whole thing goes together like a mini quilt, with the dark window frame forming the sashing.

I quilted it quite simply, first by stitching in the ditch along the window frames, and then adding some free motion quilting to suggest ice skating traces on the bottom six squares.

The whole thing is only about 14" square and I have it up as a little mini hanging at the moment. 

1 comment: